Monday, May 16, 2011

Pain, Suffering, and Glory Glory Glory

For the past several weeks I have been wrestling with the role of suffering and pain in our lives. I haven't been dealing with this on a personal level but recently have watched people I love struggle with abuse, addictions, death, natural disaster, cancer, divorce, loss, etc. and have been overwhelmed with how to bring truth and peace to these broken situations. I plan on delving deeper into this topic over the next week or so but for now I wanted to give you something to dwell on-

Peter, the apostle of hope shares,

"In this you rejoice [referring to salvation], though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith - more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire - may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ"

1 Peter 1:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment